Bethany Storro: Before and After
Bethany Storro gained the nation’s sympathy after news broke that an unknown African-American woman had splashed acid on her face and vanished. People across the country rallied to raise money for her and even Oprah wanted to give her some airtime. But as it turns out, Bethany’s story was just one….big….lie. How trifling is this? Let me count the ways.
- This woman doused her own face with acid–voluntarily.
- Yet again, an African American is blamed for committing a crime that didn’t occur.
- Police resources were wasted looking for an attacker that didn’t exist.
- This false story prompted real copycat attacks.
- In television interviews, Bethany credited Jesus for getting her through the fictional ordeal. ( I hope JC is there for Bethany now that she really needs him.)
I could go on and on, but I don’t want to give this media whore any more undeserved attention. Trifling, Bethany, just trifling.
© 2010 The Peoples News